Blueberry Chia Pudding
These Blueberry Chia Puddings make a delicious morning breakfast you'll look forward to or something nice to enjoy at the end of the day. They're so simple to make (takes less than 1 minute) and easily stored in the fridge making no excuse not to have some on hand.
Chia seeds have a massive amount of health benefits some of the main ones are:
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Very high antioxidant levels
- Almost all the carbs in them are fibre
- High in many important nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and quality protein
- Easily incorporated into everyones diet
- Easily found in all supermarkets
These Blueberry Chia Puddings are our families favourite but you can easily adjust the flavours to suit what you have on hand and experiment with other flavour combos. Some other ones to try are:
- Apple Cinnamon
- Fresh Mango and Coconut
- Grapefruit and Ginger
- Chocolate (cacao) and Raspberry
- Chai Latte
The possibilities are endless!
1 cup milk (of your choosing e.g. almond, coconut, regular low fat, soy)
1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
2 tablespoons chia seeds (any colour)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
Extra Blueberries or nuts for topping
1. Add all ingredients to a mason jar and seal it very tightly. Shake it vigorously until everything is mixed well and put it in the refrigerator for about an hour, or until it thickens to your preference.Stir it up before serving and add additional blueberries and nuts on top, if you prefer .Enjoy!
This recipe will make approximately (1) serving.
Add a little protein powder in there to super-charge your protein intake!